Three Dog Night
Three Dog Night
Remastered CD with Bonus Tracks | ICON 1036
- Originally released 1968
- Three Dog Night’s classic debut album
- Features the hits “One” and “Try a Little Tenderness”
- Includes songs written by Harry Nilsson, Traffic, The Beatles, Robbie Robertson, Neil Young, Randy Newman, Johnny “Guitar” Watson, Brian Wilson, and more!
- Digitally remastered by Vic Anesini
- 1. One
- 2. Nobody
- 3. Heaven Is in Your Mind
- 4. It’s for You
- 5. Let Me Go
- 6. Chest Fever
- 7. Find Someone to Love
- 8. No One Ever Hurt So Bad
- 9. Don’t Make Promises
- 10. The Loner
- 11. Try a Little Tenderness
- 12. Time to Get Alone (Redwood)
- 13. It’s for You (Mono Single Version)
- 14. Try a Little Tenderness (Mono Single Version)
- Danny Hutton – lead vocals (track 10), background vocals
- Chuck Negron – lead vocals (tracks 1, 9), background vocals
- Cory Wells – lead vocals (tracks 2-8, 11, 13, 14), background vocals
- Jimmy Greenspoon – keyboards
- Michael Allsup – guitars
- Joe Schermie – bass
- Floyd Sneed – drums, percussion
Three Dog Night (later reissued as One) is the self-titled debut album by Three Dog Night. Originally released by Dunhill Records in October 1968, the album features the band’s first Top 5 hit single, their cover of Harry Nilsson’s song “One,” and made the Top 20 on the album charts in the United States and Canada.
Three Dog Night introduces the band’s unique concept: three soulful vocalists up front joined with four rockin’ instrumentalists, performing highly individual arrangements of songs by a diverse range of the best emerging songwriters of the times. The album Three Dog Nightintroduced songs by Harry Nilsson, Traffic, The Band, Randy Newman, Tim Hardin, and Neil Young to mainstream audiences.
Iconoclassic’s reissue of Three Dog Night has been remastered by Vic Anesini and adds three bonus tracks, including the rare, Brian Wilson-written and produced “Time to Get Alone” by pre-Three Dog Night band Redwood.