The Guess Who
Remastered CD with Bonus Track | ICON 1028
- Originally released 1973
- First time on CD in the U.S. for the band's dark, quixotic masterpiece
- Remastered with an exclusive remix of "Glamour Boy" as a bonus track
- Extensive liner notes by Ralph Chapman with exclusive band commentary
- 1. Take It Off My Shoulders
- 2. Musicione
- 3. Miss Frizzy
- 4. Glamour Boy
- 5. Self Pity
- 6. Lie Down
- 7. Cardboard Empire
- 8. Just Let Me Sing
- 9. Glamour Boy (sans string arrangement & sound effects, previously unreleased)
- Burton Cummings – lead vocals, keyboards
- Kurt Winter – lead guitar
- Donnie McDougall – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Bill Wallace – bass, backing vocals
- Garry Peterson – drums
- Ron Halldorson – pedal steel guitar on "Take It Off My Shoulders" and "Lie Down"
#10, originally released in 1973, represented The Guess Who’s 10th album with lead singer/pianist Burton Cummings at the helm. Appropriately, #10 was more focused on Cummings’ voice and songs than the Guess Who albums that immediately preceded it. While this caused some dissention in the band, the music by no means suffered. #10 is among The Guess Who’s more underrated albums, but includes a typically strong and diverse set of songs, touching on country-rock (“Lie Down,” a revisit of Bachman-Cummings’ “Miss Frizzy”), prog (“Musicione”) and incisive, orchestrated balladry (the hit single “Glamour Boy,” presented here in both its original version and in a stripped-down, non-orchestrated mix as a bonus track).
In-depth liner notes by Guess Who authority Ralph Chapman (Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage, Metal Evolution) draw on commentary from Cummings, drummer Garry Peterson, guitarist Donnie McDougall, bassist Bill Wallace, and arranger Allan Macmillan. Remastered by Vic Anesini, #10 is the sixth release in Iconoclassic’s acclaimed Guess Who reissue series.